Video for Learning About Darfuri Refugees
This video features interviews with refugees from the Darfuri region of Sudan, speaking about matters that affect their daily life, such as the need to work and entry-level positions available, education for children, learning English as an adult, time management and daily schedules. Read the script in English.
Reflection Questions: Learning About Darfuri Refugees
1. What experiences from the video stood out to you? What experiences are similar to your own?
2. What types of jobs do the refugees in the video hold? What did they say about their jobs? What is important to the refugees who talked about their jobs? Do they seem to enjoy their work?
3. A number of refugees in the video describe their day and what they do when. What did they say about their days? Why do you think this is included in the video from so many refugees featured?
4. What are some of the reasons the refugees in the video came to the U.S.? What advice did they give to refugees thinking about coming to the U.S.? Why do you think these things are important to them?
5. A number of the refugees in the video talked about starting their lives over in the U.S. Why do you think this is the feeling of refugees when they come to the U.S.? If you were starting your life over, how would you feel? What are some of the first steps you would take? What would your future goals be?