Video for Welcoming Bhutanese Refugees
Reflection Questions: Welcoming Bhutanese Refugees
1. What did refugees in the video cite as things they like about the U.S.? Why do you think these things are important to them?
2. What were the key messages in the video? Why do you think these messages are important for newly arrived refugees? How do you think the messages are important for refugees who have been in the U.S. for a longer period of time?
3. How is school similar or different for refugee children in the U.S.? Why is it important to show adult refugees what U.S. classrooms and schools are like?
4. What did the refugees in the video say about learning English? How are they learning English? What challenges are they having?
5. What did refugees say has helped their adaptation to life in the U.S.? How could you assist refugees in your community?